Book your Idaho Wolf hunt Now !
From the pages of Idaho Fish & Game
2011-2012 Idaho Wolf Hunting Season:
- Standard hunting season dates statewide: Aug 30 - Mar 31.
- Hunters may buy 2 wolf tags per calendar year.
Bag limit: No person may take more than one wolf per legal tag in his or her possession.
- Idaho Wolf seasons are Any-Weapon seasons.
- Electronic calls may be used statewide.
- Idaho Wolves may be taken incidentally during fall bear baiting.
- Reduced-price nonresident wolf tags ($31.75) statewide.
- The Idaho wolf hunting season closes when the harvest limit for that zone is reached or the season closing date, whichever comes first.
2011-2012 Idaho Wolf Trapping Season:
- Idaho Trapping season dates: November 15 - March 31.
- Trappers may buy up to 3 tags with trapping license for use in those zones with an open trapping season in addition to 2 tags purchased for hunting;
un-used tags from hunting season (up to 2) may also be used to tag trapped wolves.
- Bag limit: No person may take more than one wolf per legal tag in his or her possession.
- Methods of take: Both snares and foothold traps w/ jaw spread not to exceed 9 inches are legal during wolf trapping season.
- Tags purchased for trapping may be used to take wolves through hunting where and when the wolf trapping season is open.
- Baiting regulations for trapping wolves are consistent with regulations for furbearers.
- Mandatory trapping education class required before purchasing tags for wolf trapping.
- 72 hour trap check requirement, same as for furbearer trapping.
- Reduced price nonresident wolf tags ($31.75) statewide.